Pages

Linda's Summer


Linda wrote a letter to Grandma Anderson in the late summer of 1978 (which later came back to us).  She said:



"Dear Grandma:

I guess I don't have a very good reason for such a late thank you card.  I guess it was because I was just plain lazy!  Thank you for the $5.00 and the nightgown.  I spent the $5.00 at the fair, I didn't win much, but Jimmy won a big stuffed dog.  Thank you also for the pretty nightgown, I needed a night gown and it just fits perfect!
 

Jimmy and I were going to go to BYU Tennis Camp, but they were all filled up so we couldn't.  The beginning of the summer was really fun, I went to the beach almost everyday with my best friend.  But then she moved to England for a year so I didn't have anything to do.  The Dance Festival took up pretty much of my summer, we practiced a whole lot and then performed for 4 nights at an out door theater.  I was in the Ethnic Group-Polish Dance.  It was really fun.  The Ethnic Group might be able to perform at the Charger football game at half-time.   I hope I can be in it.
 

I started sewing alot lately so now my summer isn't quite as boring.  But I have gotten pretty good, so far I have made 1 long dress, 1 short dress, 2 skirts, 1 pair of pants and 1 blousy-shirt.  I really like to sew, I am getting good at it now.  Love, Linda   PS Say hello to everyone for me and thank you again for the gifts!


The Dance Festival really was exemplary.  It was performed at San Diego State College in the big stadium.  Patty Gwin's brother was Linda's dancing partner.


When I was Relief Society president and Linda and Maria were 16 and 15 I really depended on them a lot.  They were both very capable.
 

Maria started working exclusively for Richard while she was still in high school and he depended on her expertise for detail very much.
 

Linda later used her bookkeeping skills at Jones Mortgage in La Mesa.  For a time she worked in a fast food at the mall, can't remember the name.
 

John would use his skills fixing up homes for sell while going to college.  He was also the projectionist at the Cove theater for several years.
 

James worked at Sea World and then in a Fish Market.  He learned how to cook and serve fish very well.


All of the children were the best workers we ever had at our home or in our business pursuits.