Pages

Goals

Richard and I took a class together at UCSD and in it we had to write down our goals and to do lists. This has always been a hard thing for me to do but this is what I came up with.  I don't remember what the class was called but I was seeking more of that elusive thing called happiness it appears.  

Lifetime Goals:
  1. Peace of Mind
  2. Balanced Life
  3. Physically Fit
  4. Slim and Attractive
  5. Spiritual
  6. Wise--well-read
  7. Happy Marriage
  8. Happy Productive Children
  9. Good Relationships with Family Members
  10. Friends
  11. Time for Hobbies such as Sewing, Making a Doll House
  12. Well-run Home with Balanced Meals and Tidiness
Next 3 Years:
  1. Some Travel
  2. Attractive Enough to Buy Nice Clothes and Money To Do It
  3. Redo House
  4. Time to Read and Exercise
  5. Time for Myself
  6. Go Out to Dinner and Good Entertainment Regularly
  7. Read and Study Much
  8. Do Better in Work--Achieve--Have Good Work Relationships
Next 6 Months:
  1. Quit Work
  2. Run, Happy, Well-balanced Home
  3. Spend Some Time Each Day Doing Relaxing Things
  4. More Time for Prayer, Teaching, Temple Work
  5. Try to Have a Happier Marriage
Always balancing my life has been a difficult thing for me.  When I was into a project I liked to spend as much time as I wanted at it and not be interrupted.  I did not like to have to rush to get something done.  I loved time for myself.

I remember one time when I was working on a planting project at our Pacific Beach home and it was getting dark.  Richard was supposedly taking care of the children.  I remember him coming to the upstairs window and pleading that the children needed me and to please come in.  I probably wanted to finish the job without interruption.  Such as life.