Pages

Stake Primary Board says Farewell

I save letters and cards and I am so glad I do.  At times like this when you are almost 82 and feeling very unproductive and of little worth to anyone at all, it is good to read notes that reflect a  time when you were being of service to others and it was appreciated.

The Primary Board that I worked with wrote some very encouraging things to me after I was released:

"thank you for being such a choice President.  I have learned such a great deal from you and at the same time never felt inferior"

"you always make me feel so special, this is one of your great qualities"

"I have gained so much from working with you.  You have been a special guide to me."

"You are truly an inspiration to me."

"truly working with you was the most stimulating and exciting church experience I've ever had"

"I can't imagine that there ever could have been a more concerned and perceptive president ever"

"thank you for all I gained from our association and friendship"

"We depend on your great strength and wisdom to help us fulfill our great stewardship"

"express my gratefulness to you, Janet, for the direction you've given to me, you'll never know what a great influence you have on me and the example you are to me"

"have always admired you from afar...indeed you are a very special daughter of  Jesus Christ"

"grown to love you for your strong testimony of the gospel and for your genuine concern and love for us that work with you"

"you are so special, your talents are endless"

This time from 1971 to 1975 really was a choice experience for me.  I loved serving on the Stake Board of the Primary.  Did I need more faith and strength to continue or was I wise to put my health and family first?...something to think about.

Our Stake Primary Board with Sister Parmley
Such Choice Friends to Work With and our Music Sisters were missing in this picture.


President Naylor arranged our meeting with the Prophet Spencer Kimball


One thing that came out of our study of scriptures together as a part of our meetings was looking for promissory notes in the scriptures.  We used them in our preparation meetings.  I loved working with these ladies, we had such a good rapport even though totally different personalities.