Pages

Notes of Appreciation to Richard


In 1974 Richard received an appreciative note from his Aunt Ella.  She said:

"Dear Richard,

      I know you will receive many Father's Day tributes, but I just thought how kind and thoughtful and fatherly you've been to Miriam's family, and I'd like to pay a tribute to you.  I've noticed also the care and concern you have for your mother.


      You're a wonderful man to so many, and I'm sure they tell you about it, but it is especially noticeable how thoughtful you are of Scott's children.  I'm sure he knows and appreciates it.  As ever, Ella"






He also received a letter from the Scoutmaster Clark Veater.  He said:

"Dear Richard and Janet,

      You guys really don't know how much I appreciate you for all that you do for me personally.  It really helps me out.  I know you believe in the Scouting program.  I am so glad you are willing to give of your time and means and invest in the life of a boy.  I am so glad to see Jimmy excited over his Merit Badges.  Sincerely, Clark"
 

A few of the mottos that Richard had written to himself are:

If you always do what you've always done you'll always have what you've always had!

You cannot lose what you do not have---

People treat me the way I allow people to treat me!

Is what I'm doing right now making me money?