Pages

Married Life

Dick had a roommate and he moved out so we had the house to ourselves.   However, he did come over to eat quite a bit with us.

I made curtains for the kitchen and one bedroom and the house really looked nice.  We were hoping that someone would come down and visit us.

Since we had two cars,  and I was not going to teach anymore, Dick thought we should sell one.  We sold mine  when my teaching was completed for the year because it was newer and worth more.  Dad  had finished paying it off as a wedding gift since he did not have to pay for a wedding and reception, etc.  I hope he did not feel badly about us selling it.

Since I was married I tried not to do any school preparation at home that last year and since it was my third year teaching kindergarten I pretty much had all the materials I needed and teaching was a breeze.  It was actually very enjoyable except I got pregnant and tired so easily.

One thing very interesting is that Dick really loved food, all kinds, and consequently I was eating more,  too,  and gaining weight!  Yikes!